Happy December to everyone. It is hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. It is even more hard to believe when I am sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt on this 75 degree day. There also aren't as many decorations plastered everywhere reminding you what time of year it is. I'm listening to Christmas music as I type hoping that it will help induce more excitement within me for the upcoming holiday.
Random thoughts for the week:
- I'm happy to see that the NBA will indeed have a season this year. The league is way too popular right now for them to forgo an entire season.
- A torrential downpour last night caused flooding all around my apartment. There was a good foot of water in the driveway and in the back yard. The neighbor children certainly enjoyed the newly developed "pond" in the backyard. Once again an example of the poor drainage system here.
- For whatever reason, I've been more dedicated to jogging since I got here and I actually am enjoying it somewhat.
- I'm also reading and journaling, two things that before were nearly non-existent, especially the journaling. Who would have thought that reading books could be so enlightening?
- We only had one basketball practice this week. We got rained out on Thursday. (pictures of the boys below)
- The managers of the Guest House returned from their time in the States on Thursday night and I'm looking forward to hanging out with them and getting to know them better.
- I randomly started driving on the right side of the road the other night and was quickly reminded that that was the wrong side as I saw headlights coming directly at me. I quickly corrected the problem and returned to the left lane where I belonged.
|With my new friend.|
|The Snow Leopards|
|The Spicy Wings|